|Date of birth||October 8, 1985|
|Place of Birth||Budrio, Italy|
The son of a dentist, Daniele, and an accountant, Stefania, Simone began playing tennis at the age of 7 in Bologna, Italy. Simone is right-handed, he prefers to play on hard courts and his favorite shot is forehand. He can generate enormous power on both ground strokes without showing much effort. Simone’s tennis idols growing up were Stefan Edberg and Patrick Rafter, and his ultimate goal in tennis is to reach Top 10 in the ATP Rankings.
Simone’s best friends on the circuit are Juan Martin Del Potro, Daniel Gimeno-Traver and Horacio Zeballos, and he considers his most memorable tennis moment the final he played in Munich. Simone’s coaches are Umberto Rianna and Giancarlo Petrazzuolo and his favorite tournaments are Umag, Rome and Monte Carlo. In his downtime, Simone enjoys watching movies (favorite movie-Gladiator), listening to music (favorite performers-Queen, Michael Jackson) and chatting with friends online.
- Reached best ATP singles ranking no. 36
- In 2014, won Bergamo, Tunis and Vercelli Challenger titles
- With fellow Italian Fognini, Bolelli won 2013 ATP Buenos Aires title and reached the Australian Open doubles SFs
- He reached the second round of the US Open, Wimbledon and Roland Garros, losing to Top 20 players
- In 2008 Simone reached the Top 50 for the first time became Italy’s number 2
- He reached the third round of Wimbledon, losing to Hewitt after beating no.14 Gonzalez in the second round
- He also reached the third round of Roland Garros, losing to Llodra
- His greatest victory is the Australian Open Doubles Title with Fognini